Wednesday 7 February 2018

Being challenged as a Muslim

Assalamualaikum 

Have anyone of you spoken about Islam with an atheist or a non-believer? Well, I have.

I have a friend. He confessed that he is an atheist. He does not believe that there is a God. He said if there is a God, why did God make us suffer in this world? Why must there be hell and heaven? Why must there be good people and bad people? Why are all the killings, the war, the poverty, the handicaps and all the bad things? Why when He is the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful, why would He not let us all stay in heaven? Why create all the mishaps in this world? And lot more questions.

I tried to answer most of his questions as best I can. I felt confident with my answers but I also realized my weaknesses. I cannot recite verses in the Qur'an which can strengthen my answer. I cannot provide any hadits which can support my reasoning. I am so lack of Islamic knowledge that I felt ashamed at confessing that I am a Muslim.

I have to confess my lack of knowledge in my own religion. I realize that all this while, I have been just happy with the little knowledge I gained from donkey years back at school. And obviously, that knowledge is not enough. I have even forgotten most of it anyway. And that is a shame. To me. Having claimed that am a Muslim. 

I promised myself from then on to deepen my knowledge, do more reading, ask more questions to more knowledgeable people, read and understand the Qur'an and the recites of the solat and many more things I must do harder.

May I be more knowledgeable and become a more informed person so that I can help others to understand this beautiful religion I am bestowed with, Islam. Allahu Akbar. May we all be blessed and guided to the right path always. Aamiinn...

Ana








No comments:

Post a Comment